- margaeryytyrell reblogged this from murgatroid
- murgatroid reblogged this from think4yourself
- talix18 likes this
- kbye likes this
- thereluctanthipster likes this
- kittykittybangbang likes this
- buildingaladder likes this
- dentate likes this
- rashers reblogged this from iwantcupcakes
- noraleah said: This is hilarious.
- noraleah likes this
- hypotheticaldystopia likes this
- runningjustasfastasican likes this
- catlitternwhiskersonkittens likes this
- venomoustart likes this
- kristenfromkansas likes this
- mabtv3 likes this
- timekiller-s likes this
- jen22201 likes this
- sparklingpants likes this
- acupuncturegirl likes this
- carlybenatar likes this
- ifbirdsflyover likes this
- intheblooms reblogged this from think4yourself
- karion likes this
- thegreg likes this
- criticallyill likes this
- think4yourself reblogged this from apsies
- think4yourself likes this
- ellegolightly likes this
- ladychan101 likes this
- ladychan101 reblogged this from iwantcupcakes
- spicysketchbook likes this
- kateoplis said: You’re always a K.O.
- kateoplis likes this
- almosthalfway likes this
- wolfpangs likes this
- aclikeslater said: Yes, but where did you get the information for THIS post?
- aclikeslater likes this
- apatosaurus likes this
- suitep likes this
- madgastronomer reblogged this from bluntlyblue
- bluntlyblue reblogged this from apsies
- tyrannosaurus-sex-time reblogged this from iwantcupcakes
- cutesyusername likes this
- mardallie said: You’re awesome, Apsies
- mardallie likes this
- kyogra likes this
- sarahlee310 likes this
- athousandthreads likes this
Last night I posted an adorable quote from Michelle Obama. I sourced it through the little content source link thing (technical term) you can use when creating a post.
The arrows above show what this source thing looks like on your dashboard.
I later added the link to the quote explanation itself because folks were asking for “the receipts” if you will. I get that some people might not think to look for the source or don’t notice the attribution thing. So I remedied the situation. But for many the quote is out there in the tumblrverse without a visible link after Michelle’s name.
And so we have this situation where numerous people are asking for the source. And this is what I see when I go to their individual blogs:
It’s RIGHT THERE. THE TRANSCRIPT IS RIGHT THERE.
This is making me twitchy and since it would probably be weird to go leave an askbox for every single person who can’t seem to find the source I’m making this post instead. You are all welcome. I hope you’ve learned something.
Let’s say you’ve come across a quote on the internet and there is (unlike my post) no source to be found. Here’s what you can do.
Google the quote and the name of the person who (allegedly) said it.